This post may contain affiliate links. See our affiliate disclaimer here.
In early 2016, Heath came to me with an idea. This isn’t an unusual start to my day, but this one little plan has spiraled into nearly four years of work called Campground Booking.
This week I’m taking over the podcast to interview Heath on his own business experience. So far we’ve recorded three episodes, but I’ve got three more in the queue. If you want to hear the next three episodes (on marketing, customer support, and building a sellable business), leave us a comment and let us know!
In this first episode of the series, we’re talking about product development. Softwares are massive, complicated products to build. Heath thought his experience as an RV would only help him build the best possible software for campground owners. But listening to RVers proved to be a mistake. This episode is filled with lessons on how to get feedback on your product so you can continue to improve it.
What else we talk about in this episode:
- Validating your business idea
- Developing your MVP and getting it in customer’s hands
- How to deal with knowing your product doesn’t have all the features it needs
- How Heath continues to learn from his customers
- Prioritizing product development
- The coolest features Campground Booking currently offers
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The E-Myth
- RVE 102: Bootstrapping a Software Startup to $10 Million Interview with Nathan Barry
- RVE 73: How to Know if Your Business Idea is Any Good Interview with Ryan Quinn