This post may contain affiliate links. See our affiliate disclaimer here.
Today I’m bringing back Joe Russo to the podcast, who you may remember from back in episode 111 when I interviewed him and his wife, Kait.
When Joe and Kait first started RVing, they had no intentions of making money on the road. But then they started a Youtube channel as a hobby which quickly turned into a business… A business with MILLIONS of views on their van life videos.
One of my favorite parts of this episode? When Joe breaks down how he took his Youtube channel from a hobby to a business and the three things that made the biggest difference:
- Finding his brand voice
- Creating consistent content
- Setting business hours to work on Youtube
We also cover a few of the challenges that come with treating Youtube as a business like lowering and managing your burn rate and finding ways to diversify your income. Plus Joe shares the one thing you need in order to really make money as a content creator.
There’s a ton of great wisdom from Joe in this episode and I hope you enjoy it!
What else we talk about in this episode:
- How to RV in Hawaii (There are limited RV rentals on the islands, but we recommend Outdoorsy. You can get $50 off your first RV rental using our link)
- Joe’s new book, Tales From the Open Road: The Adventures and Misadventures of RV Living
- How Joe & Kait define their business as content creators and Youtubers
- Why Joe stopped watching other RVers on Youtube
- The mistake Joe wants new Youtubers to avoid
- Joe’s first goal on how much he wanted to earn on Youtube and how long it took to cover his monthly expenses (For traveling on the cheap, check out our free course Travel America on $2K/Month)
- Why Joe is making his second book available exclusively on Amazon