This post may contain affiliate links. See our affiliate disclaimer here.
What we talk about in this episode:
In this podcast episode, Heath and I talk through how we changed up our process for setting goals in 2019. We struggled more this year than any other year to set goals and establish a direction for the next 12 months—namely since we are currently in one place instead of traveling full-time and have the big uncertainty of our daughter coming this spring.
Since deciding our goals the way we have in years past wasn’t working, we came up with a new method.
First, we chose our themes for the year.
Second, we established our key values.
And last we set specific goals for 2019.
Our themes for the year:
Alyssa: Focus on what matters
Heath: Follow Through
Alyssa: Family, Growth, and Financial Stability
Heath: Clarity/direction and freedom
A few of our big goals:
- Getting back into a Mastermind Group for accountability
- Investing in our business growth by attending Pat Flynn’s upcoming conference
- Reading 25 books (Heath) and 50 books (Alyssa) to grow both personally and in business
- Weekly date nights and intentionally taking time off work to spend with our growing family
- Getting six weeks ahead on content for HeathandAlyssa.com
- Cutting back on wasted time on social media (and focusing on what matters!)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Kathy and Peter Holcombe who choose to pursue their love of kayaking above all else
- Kevin Holesh, creator of the Moment App
- Check out Karen’s Youtube channel on caravanning in NZ