This post may contain affiliate links. See our affiliate disclaimer here.
On this week’s episode of The RV Entrepreneur I sat down to interview Kathy and Peter Holcombe from famagogo.com. They are adventure and life photographers who have been traveling all over the country in their Winnebago View RV since June of 2014.
Kathy and Peter are sponsored by companies like Winnebago, Jackson Kayaks, and GoPro and take some of the most epic photos I’ve ever seen in my life. Sometimes they are photographing professional kayakers for a magazine and other times they are going on adventures to create content for one of their commercial clients.
Plus, their 11 year old daughter Abby is more of an adventurer than I could ever hope to be. (I know that sounds like a joke, but it’s 100% true).
Check out their Instagram below to see some of their work.
In This Episode We Talk About:
- How Peter and Kathy transitioned their brick and mortar photography business into a nomadic venture
- Everything that goes into taking an amazing photograph
- How the Holcombe’s started working with brands like Winnebago, Jackson Kayaks, and others
- The fears they had about pulling their daughter out of school to live on the road
- Some of the common mistakes people make when first getting started with a photography business
Links and references mentioned:
- Peter’s Instagram Account
- Abby’s Instagram Account
- AllStays App
- Creating the Photography Business of Your Dreams
This Episode Is Brought to You By CoPilot RV (FREE Giveaway!):
CoPilot RV is a navigation app that provides route planning and voice guidance designed specifically for RVers.
The CoPilot RV app will not only customize your routes to avoid sketchy back roads and low bridges, but it also comes with a fully offline navigation function. This way, you don’t have to use your data while using your maps. Learn more here.
Also, I’ll be giving away a free license to download the CoPilot RV App ($49.99 value) for listeners of my podcast!
You can enter the contest in one of two ways:
- Leave an honest review of The RV Entrepreneur in iTunes. To leave a review, click on “Ratings and Reviews” and share how you’ve been enjoying the show. Then leave a comment here on this page to let me know you’ve left a review.
- If you’ve never listened to an episode of my podcast, then you can enter the contest by leaving a comment below and sharing where your next RV destination is going to be!