We’re obsessed with teaching others how to travel full-time.
We’re Heath and Alyssa Padgett, filmmakers and creative entrepreneurs.
We love to travel, but when you’re 25, it isn’t always easy or affordable to see the world. That’s why we moved into an RV and started traveling full-time.
Quick facts about Heath:
- I worked an hourly job in all fifty states as part of our film, Hourly America.
- I host the RV Entrepreneur Podcast, a top-ranked travel podcast in iTunes.
- I launched a software startup from our Winnebago, campgroundbooking.com.
Quick facts about Alyssa:
- I manage our private Facebook community, Make Money RVing, of over 3,000 members.
- I directed and filmed Hourly America with no prior film experience.
- I manage our production company, Franklin Films.
After college, we both worked office jobs. They were so boring. We didn’t last a year before we knew sitting in an office all day for the next forty years wasn’t going to work.
Together we hatched a plan to quit our jobs, buy an old RV off of Craigslist, and cross off a major bucket list item: traveling to all fifty states. Four days after our wedding, we hopped into our 1994 Coachman Leprechaun and head west.
We spent the next seven months on a cross-country road trip that spanned 48 states. As we traveled, we realized we didn’t want our full-time travel lifestyle to end after we visited all fifty states. We wanted to find a way to keep traveling indefinitely.
Our blog is a resource for people who want to learn ways to travel full-time by working on the road. We’ve tried dozens of ways to make money during our travels: sponsorships, books, consulting, film work, podcasting, affiliate marketing, blogging, workamping, and more. We’ve also tried a million different ways to save money while traveling, which you can learn about in our free course, How to See America on 2K a Month.
We’ve been full-time RVing for 2+ years with no end in sight. Want to learn more about how you can travel full-time?