If you had told me that at 25 years old I’d be living full-time in an RV… I might of thought you were crazy. But living in an RV has been the biggest adventure of our lives to date (pre-kids, at least).
For the past year and half I’ve been sharing what I learned about the RV lifestyle as we traveled across the country and adjusted to life in a small space. Quite a few of the blogs I’ve written have been more “travel-spiration”, because more than anything I’ve wanted to show that it’s possible to enjoy this kind of lifestyle.
But as we’ve learned more about living in an RV, making money while traveling, and how to travel cheap– I’ve started to write more specifically about how to build an income for yourself while traveling. The reason for the shift? It should be pretty obvious, but the largest reason why this RV lifestyle seems difficult, or seemingly impossible for some, is because they haven’t figured out how to make it financially work.
To paint a more clear picture on how to make the transition from stationary to being mobile in an RV, I’ve started interviewing digital nomads to better understand how they’ve went about building a lives for themselves on the road. If there’s a question you have the answer to that you can’t find on this page, shoot me an email here.
RV Living/Travel Inspiration
- Six Reasons Why You Should Live in an RV During Your 20’s
- 29 Reasons RV’s Are Better Than Houses
- When Is the Right Time to Travel?
- Don’t Wait to Live Your Life
- We Bought an RV Because It Promoted a Mindset We Wouldn’t Quit
- 10 Excuses We Make Instead of Traveling in Our 20’s
- The Happiness of Pursuing an Unconventional Life: RV’s, Hourly Jobs, and Seeing the World
- The Best and Worst Thing About Full-Time Travel
- Why I Don’t Keep a Travel Blog
- 10 Cheap and Simple Ways to Enjoy Life on the Road
- The Best Part About Life on the Road: Realizing You Don’t Need All the Stuff
Making Money While Traveling
- 7 Ways to Build a Remote Income (interview with Michael Boyink)
- How to Make $25,000/month Blogging (interview with Michelle from MakingSenseofCents.com)
- Affiliate Marketing Experiment #1
The Cost of Living in an RV
- The Cost of RVing Across America (Screenshots of our budget from 48 state road trip)
- How Much Does It Cost to Travel America in an RV?
Living in an RV With Your Spouse
- 12 Things I Learned About Being a Young Husband While Full-Time RVing
- What It’s Really Like Working on the Road With Your Spouse
- How and Why We Bought a New RV