Today on the podcast, I am interviewing Abigail Schilling. 14 months ago, Abigail decided to make a big life change. She quit her job and hit the road in a 1966 Kit Companion vintage camper. Abigail is a serial side hustler — doing everything from creating custom wedding accessories, running a coffee subscription company from the road, hosting a podcast, and creating print on demand t-shirt designs.
But her main side hustle is Upwork. On this website, Abigail has earned over $20,000 for her project management services. In this episode, she will share her secrets to winning at Upwork.
Abigail’s top Upwork tips:
- Make a killer profile.
- Create an employer account too.
- Decide what you want to do.
- Get the rising talent badge.
- Take skill tests.
- Use your credits and submit to jobs intentionally.
- Keep the fees in mind when setting your rates.
- Low ball for your first client.
- End and restart the job with long-term clients (Be sure to get a review!)
Links mentioned on this episode:
- Follow Abigail on Instagram!
- Abigail’s Upwork profile
- Will Travel for Coffee
- Lo and Behold
- Two Girls Talking podcast
Thanks for Listening!
You’re awesome. It’s because of people like you that I get to sit around in my RV and record podcast episodes with really interesting people. If you’ve been enjoying the show and want to help others find it, I’d love a review from you in iTunes. Each and every review helps more people find the show (seriously, each one counts).
To leave a review, just click here and then go to “ratings and reviews”. It just takes a minute and I read each one :).