This post may contain affiliate links. See our affiliate disclaimer here.
Today on the show, Heath is chatting with Kay Akpan also known as The Mom Trotter on Instagram. Kay has been traveling internationally with her family and son for years and made the jump into full-time RV travel. Her travel blog was making money, but not enough to support her family full-time. The RV was her chance to go all-in.
In this episode, Heath and Kay talk about where Kay has found success monetizing her blog, how to connect with brands, and what makes you stand out on Instagram.
One of the things I loved about this episode is when Kay explains how to find success on Instagram because the answer isn’t “have the most followers” or “take the best photos.” She’ll share more about halfway through the episode.
But the Mom Trotter blog isn’t Kay’s only business she runs on the road. She also runs Black Kids Do Travel, which offers community and resources to families of color who want to travel more.
This week’s unofficial sponsor: Camp Carpe Diem
What else Heath & Kay cover in this episode:
- The primary ways Kay monetizes her blog & social channels
- Finding success on Instagram
- How to collaborate with brands
- Setting your rate to work with brands
- Why RVing is the BEST decision Kay’s family has ever made
- Is there a “best age” for traveling with kids?
And then Heath and Kay will give you all the feels talking about how much more meaningful travel is with kids. 👨👩👦 👨👩👧
Links from this episode:
- The Mom Trotter Website
- Follow Kay @themomtrotter on Instagram or Youtube.
- Black Kids Do Travel Website
- Black Kids Do Travel Facebook
- Black Kids Do Travel Instagram