This post may contain affiliate links. See our affiliate disclaimer here.
Today’s episode is with my friend Kathryn Cockrell, who I first met at our RV Entrepreneur Summit back in 2017. Kathryn started Happy Hound Pet Sitting at the age of 15. For several years she ran her pet sitting business in her parents’ house (until they finally had enough of dogs barking) and told her she needed to come up with a new solution, which she then turned to go to clients homes to pet sit for them while they were away.
As demand grew for pet sitting, Kathryn had to navigate how to serve new customers, hire additional pet sitters (without losing the quality of service), and create additional processes for her growing business over the past 9 years.
What we talk about in this episode:
- Building confidence as a business owner
- What to consider when making your first hire
- Automating and scaling a business over time
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Happy Hound Pet Sitting (Alabama)
- Happy Hound Pet Sitting (Tennessee)
- Kathryn’s website and blog
- Follow Kathryn on Instagram