I’ve never considered the idea of RVing in Mexico, but in episode number seven of The RV Entrepreneur I sat down to talk with Paul Kortman. Paul is currently boon docking his RV on a beach in Mexico with his family of six while he runs his digital marketing agency.
In this episode of The RV Entrepreneur We Talk About:
- The truth about RVing in Mexico
- How Paul and his family “fell into the location independent lifestyle” after running his company from his basement for three years.
- The easiest way to start making location independent income
- What Paul considers “successful” in his location independent lifestyle
- Why people think I’m crazy when I tell them I launched an RV podcast
- Why it’s important to be intentional about building up a community while on the road
- The big misconception people have about living and traveling in an RV
Resources and Links We Mentioned in this Episode
- Nomadlist: The Best Cities to Live and Work Remotely
- Dynamite circle: Forum of people who are already location independent. Not a how-to website, but a place for people who are already doing it.
- Derek Sivers
- Chris Guillebeau’s Happiness of Pursuit (affiliate link)
- World nomads
- Unlimited Verizon data plans
- Paul’s family blog: homealongtheway.com
- Paul’s Facebook group for Location Independent Families
- Paul’s podcast: NomadTogether
Working on the Road Q&A
What do you guys do for Health Insurance on the road?
What’s Your Monthly Budget on the road?
What kind of RV did you choose and why?
We chose a Class A motorhome. The reason for getting into a motorhome was so the kids could travel and use the bathroom while we were driving. We just couldn’t find the layout in another rig for a family, most of the Class C’s weren’t powerful enough and the price for what you get is just crazy. Only regret is not going diesel.
You’re Awesome! Thank you for listening!
Thanks so much for tuning in!
If you enjoyed the show, the most helpful thing for you to do would be to go to iTunes and leave an honest review about the podcast. If you want to stay up to date with every new episode, also make sure to subscribe here in iTunes.
Also, I want to thank Paul for taking the time to be with me on the show!
Have any questions you want myself or Paul to answer? Drop a comment in below and we’ll both try to pop in and answer them!