This post may contain affiliate links. See our affiliate disclaimer here.
Today on the podcast, I am interviewing mural artist Victor Ving and photographer Lisa Beggs from The Greetings Tour, who have been traveling in their RV for the past 2 years creating interactive murals inspired by vintage, large-letter greeting cards. These murals are becoming national landmarks with many people traveling to these locations just to get a picture next to one of these signature works of art. Victor is also one of the co-owners of the Klughaus Gallery and Graffiti USA, the county’s top aerosol art agency with multiple cities and artists all over the US.
A few things we talk about on this episode:
- How Victor and Lisa came up with the idea for The Greetings Tour
- How they failed at finding sponsors before their trip (despite having been featured on national media outlets and having worked with companies like Facebook, Linkedin, and many others)
- How to create buzz around your projects to attract new clients
- The balance between honing your craft and building a following
Links mentioned on this episode:
- The Greetings Tour website
- Mural Map
- The Greetings Tour Instagram
- The Greetings Tour Twitter
- The Greetings Tour Facebook
- Klughaus Gallery
- Graffiti USA
Quotes from this episode:
“If we had just kept trying to get a sponsorship, we may have never left in the RV. We just had to go out and do it.” – Victor
“Just because nobody jumps on board and says yes automatically doesn’t necessarily invalidate any potential project. You put skin in the game and people jump on board.” – Heath
“It’s fun to tell people that you made up what you do. Victor paints and I’m a photographer, so we put those things together to make the Greetings Tour”. – Lisa
Thanks for Listening!
You’re awesome. It’s because of people like you that I get to sit around in my RV and record podcast episodes with really interesting people. If you’ve been enjoying the show and want to help others find it, I’d love a review from you in iTunes. Each and every review helps more people find the show (seriously, each one counts).
To leave a review, just click here and then go to “ratings and reviews”. It just takes a minute and I read each one :).