Class c vs class a motorhome

RVE 220: CPA Advice to 3 Common RV Tax Questions

This post may contain affiliate links. See our affiliate disclaimer here.

Today’s episode is sponsored by ID Plans (and it’s actually less of a sponsorship than it is an opportunity). ID Plans is a software and service company based in Tampa Florida that provides solutions for property managers.  Over the past 20 years ID Plans has been able to hire a number of full-time RVers who help survey commercial properties and they are currently looking to hire 3-5 more additional RV teams.

I’ve seen a lot of companies who hire RVers, and this is one that you can make a near full-time income almost immediately. You’ll receive training for the software, be able to park your motorized RV right on the job sites, and run the whole business from your RV.

You can request more information at [email protected].

This week on the show, Heath is interviewing Tim Ewing. After years in the C-suite, Tim decided to leave behind his steady paycheck and travel with his family. But he couldn’t retire at 51. So he started Quest CPA and a consulting business on the road.

There are a few things I really loved listening to Heath and Tim.

One, they both share the stories of their first business failures and the lessons they learned which are a must-hear for any entrepreneur.

Two, Tim is really open and honest about what his expectations were and how he’s adapted in the past 7 years of traveling to focus on the right things—like working with his family, a lifelong dream, and how he’s made that a reality.

Plus at around 23 minutes, Heath asked Tim to share his tax expertise and answer three incredibly common RV tax questions:

  1. Can I write off my RV mileage?
  2. If I domicile in a tax-free state, do I need to pay taxes in other states?
  3. And how should I file my business?

So if this tax season you’re wondering about any of those things, Tim has the answers for you.

A few handy links for this episode: