This post may contain affiliate links. See our affiliate disclaimer here.
I assumed that was for other people… that’s not what I do, but that’s not true. You can learn anything you want to learn, pretty much. The question is do you want to? Are you willing to put in the time? Most people can be taught to do most things you just have to want to do it.
Mic is a traveler of six years, a teacher, a writer, and an entrepreneur in the truest sense of the word, even though she doesn’t think so. Like a lot of us, Michela didn’t know what she wanted to do with her life. She came from a background of teaching so, naturally, thought that was a good fit for her too. After seeing some friends through their teaching travel adventures, Mic decided it was time to try it. When Mic learned she had to go through some red tape to get international teaching documentation, she began transitioning out of her career as an English teacher into a career as a traveling web developer.
What Mic does
Mic is a freelance web developer who RVs with her husband around the world. Mic has a passion for learning, travel, and solving problems which she utilizes every day in her work and other projects.
Other things we talk about in this episode
- How hard it is to answer the question “what is it you do?”
- Choosing to learn something you have no idea how to do
- Learning new skills by helping people you know first
- The power of asking for things outside of your comfort zone
- Asking yourself if you want to put in the time to do something new
- If you work at something at least a few minutes a day, you can learn something new very easily
- Why Mic doesn’t consider herself an entrepreneur
- At what point you start saying “no” so you can enjoy your travels
- Learning what projects to pursue and which ones to walk away from
- Mic’s bug book
Thanks for Listening!
You’re awesome. It’s because of people like you that I get to sit around in my RV and record podcast episodes with really interesting people. If you’ve been enjoying the show and want to help others find it, I’d love a review from you in iTunes. Each and every review helps more people find the show (seriously, each one counts).
To leave a review, click here and then go to “ratings and reviews”. It takes one minute and I read every one 🙂 Thanks!