Today on the podcast, I am interviewing Nathan and Marissa from Less Junk, More Journey. Nathan, Marissa, and their daughter Hensley have been RVing around the country for the past year and recently upgraded to a sweet Airstream. In addition to building an insanely popular YouTube channel with 40,000 subscribers (and nearly 6 million views), Marissa is a nurse and Nathan has dabbled in many different ventures, including rental properties and computer repair.
A few things we talk about on this episode:
- How Nathan and Marissa built a huge Youtube audience in less than one year
- The importance of optimizing SEO for your videos – keywords and specific phrases
- Why everyone should start a YouTube channel to document their travels
- The keys to running an engaging vlog – how to use story, flow, and personality
- When and how to monetize your Youtube channel?
Links mentioned on this episode:
- Less Junk, More Journey
- Less Junk, More Journey YouTube
- Less Junk, More Journey Facebook
- Less Junk, More Journey Instagram
- How to Find the Right RV course
- 1337Stream Video
Quotes from this episode:
“I looked at travel bloggers to see which ones were good about capturing the story. That’s a big part of what we do. It’s more than just throwing up a video. I try to look for a story of the day or a story for what we are doing.”
“The SEO side is critical if you are going to start a YouTube channel. Knowing what you want your keywords to be and what you are focusing on. You don’t want to try to rank for the word “RV”. You want to have a longer phrase than that.”
Thanks for Listening!
You’re awesome. It’s because of people like you that I get to sit around in my RV and record podcast episodes with really interesting people. If you’ve been enjoying the show and want to help others find it, I’d love a review from you in iTunes. Each and every review helps more people find the show (seriously, each one counts).
To leave a review, just click here and then go to “ratings and reviews”. It just takes a minute and I read each one :).